So if you are a hunter and you haven’t checked out the WHH you need to ask yourself, “What is wrong with me?!?”
Simply put the WHH is a one stop gateway to everything Hunter in World of Warcraft and our community. The WHH collects and curates all of the hunter information on the web and provides a platform for hunters to write for the hunter community themselves.
The goal of the site is to expand awareness of the hunter community, and to help the community grow. Apply to contribute.
- For Users the WoW Hunters Hall provides a single destination for all hunter information. When you come to WoW Hunters Hall you will see at a glance all of the recent hunter information — the latest posts from all of the hunter blogs, the latest hunter news, original content, and summaries of recent hunter forum discussions.
- For Content Creators the WoW Hunters Hall increases awareness of other sites within the hunter community and drives traffic to those sites. Rather than hoping to build or grow an audience through blogroll links or fortuitous searching, WoW Hunters Hall features the first couple of paragraphs of every article with a link to your site for readers to see the whole thing. Every hunter who keeps up with WoW Hunters Hall will be exposed to all of your hunter content.
If you want to know more about playing a hunter, the role and skills, the mindset of other hunters, and in general how awesome our community truly is – head on over to the WHH and get started!!!
So a new content patch goes out and we get a new tier of raid content as well as a new “lootaloth” in Baradin Hold. So let’s start with some commentary on the little bit of Firelands I have seen….
- Its Molten Core. No seriously…even if you remove the end boss being the same guy…ITS MOLTEN CORE! Dog packs change to Turtle packs. Molten Giants – check. Core hounds – check. Packs of fire naga type elementals – check (albeit, they now roam in packs in lieu of guarding one of themselves – see Major Domo and Gehennas). Random pathing elementals – check.
- So, like the days of MC – let the Hunter pull. Seriously…LET THE HUNTER PULL! Tanks (be them pally, warrior, or DK) have great pulling moves now available to them compared to Vanilla, but they are still inferior pullers to Hunters. If your Hunter can’t pull properly…they are not a Hunter. They are a DK in a Hunter disguise. Allow us to use our techniques and abilities. We will drop a handful of traps, just stand on them…right on them…DON’T MOVE! The mobs will come to you, you need not lift a finger.
- Loot…Looks nice. Looks really nice all in all! I have to say the T12 hunter armor looks sweeter on certain races than others (as opposed to Cryptstalker which looked good on everyone!). I’ll take the fiery pirate over the murloc-stalker any day, though I still don’t love it.
- Stats…Doesn’t seem we need anymore hit then before. Still seems that haste and mastery are competing to be our best stat after Agility and Crit. It depends on spec and situation. If you just think about it logically more mastery should be better, but the complicated nature of haste clouds those waters. (NOTE: I really need to try stacking the hell out of mastery to see what I get. I know others have tried it, but I like to experience it for myself).
- SURVIVAL! Yes, Survival becomes a touch trendy again. How I love this spec and its abilities. Frostheim over at the WHU made the suggestion to rename the tree from Survival to something more apropos. Bonus points if it could remain “SV” as an acronym. BM and MM make sense for their trees abilities and focus. SV really should change to something like Elemental Hunter, Arcane Hunter, Naturalist, better yet…Ranger. Its really want an SV Hunter is…a Ranger. Marksmanship Hunters are Archers through and through….Survivalists are Rangers.
- Dailies…a lot more dailies available. I have heard it’s the longest dailies grind to date. The Crusader dailies were very long if you intended to be a completionist, you really only needed to become a champion with your own race. The Netherwing rep grind with those dailies also took roughly 2 weeks to get to exalted. The Ogri’la and Skyguard reps also were quite long based on there being relatively few dailies involved.
- Nerfs. T11 content becomes puggable for most folks. I don’t like the trade off from Valor to Justice. I would have kept it Valor, just made the amount half of what it was so that its worthwhile if you still need/want some 359 level gear, but not attractive enough to be a grinding spot. In theory you could have made it into a daily quest similar to the old daily raid quest for ICC/Sarth/Uld and awarded a nice sum of Valor.
So far there is nothing that I have seen that has overwhelmed or underwhelmed me. I have said to folks that I really think Blizzard has funneled a lot of creative energy to Diablo 3, SC2, and project: Titan. I feel like WoW has suffered from that. It still has a long way to fall before I would classify it as a dud, but they raised the bar high early on themselves.
Let’s remember folks…it’s a MARATHON not a sprint. Rushing to complete content before anyone else really gives you no advantage other than being bored sooner. Take your time. Enjoy it.
I don’t often plug other sites, but this is one that I fully endorse and champion. Thank you Frost for putting it together, I suspect it will be a big boon for the hunter community and larger WoW community as well.
I won’t attempt to preface the site, Frost does it better over at the WHU:
Intro can be found here: http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/2011/07/introducing-wow-hunters-hall/
The WoW Hunter’s Hall is here: http://www.wowhuntershall.com/
EDIT: Frost has taken me on to help Admin the WHH (may the WoW-gods help him!!!). I promise to not slack on my own blog any bit…though, I think my playing time may take a hit outside of raiding leading.